Cowboy Fedor's UFC 98 Picks

Friday, May 22, 2009


Here's the debut of our fight prediction segment, featuring our own MMA analyst, Cowboy Fedor!



Howdy, Comrades! I've been enlisted to provide the global populace with picks for the upcoming MMA Events. Since the UFC 98 is tomorrow, I calmly and emotionlessly considered each of my picks, and now..."submit" them for your consideration.

Sherk vs Edgar: In my humble estimation, this appears to be a matchup of two wrestlers who think they are boxers (both of which I eat for breakfast..but that is another story). It is a very even fight, but considering Edgar had difficulties with Maynard (who is a large powerful wrestler like Sherk), and that Sherk is more experienced, I will choose Sherk to win a decision over the smaller buckaroo, Edgar.

Sonnen vs Miller: More American wrestlers it appears. American fight promotions have more wrestlers than a Belarusian ranch has cattle! I kid, of course. Sonnen carries great wisdom and experience, and is probably the better submission fighter, but Miller is young and performing at a high level. Not to mention Sonnen will have Matt Lindland in his corner. My choice is Miller, by TKO, round three.

McFedries vs Professor X: As a real, authentic cowboy, I can appreciate two gunslingers in a good old-fashioned shoot out, and that is what this competition would appear to be. Which ever fighter lands hard first is likely to be the victor, but given that Professor X is the more diverse striker, I'll concede him an edge in this matchup. Professor X by KO, round two.

Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra: Two former..*cough*...champions square off here, although I do not understand the need for so many emotions regarding a simple combat competition. Hughes is a proud man, but Serra has the greater desire to succeed and continue competing. I'll choose Serra to win a unanimous decision over Hughes.

Evans vs Machida: These two competitors are currently riding high in the saddle, but unfortunately one of them must face his first loss. Thankfully this is not a tournament format, where illegitimate losses are often awarded....Evans is a powerful grappler and striker, but Machida is the hardest man to hit in the UFC. According to Fight Metric, the only man harder to hit is...me. Machida will emerge the victor by TKO in round 4.

Thanks for reading my picks. Look forward to upcoming picks for Dream 9 next week, buckaroos! Dasvidania, pardner!

Related Posts



Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lolz, Cowboy Fedor. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Its a parody, genius. Get a clue.

Post a Comment