Cowboy Fedor's Strikeforce and WEC Picks

Tuesday, June 2, 2009
A special 2-for-1 Strikeforce and WEC edition of Cowboy Fedor's picks for this week, featuring a special guest analyst! Who could it be??


Howdy again, comrades! I've been summoned back from the Siberian prairie in order to provide the populace with picks for this weekends upcoming MMA events, the Strikeforce: Lawler vs Shields and the WEC: Brown vs Faber 2. These are major happenings in North America, I'm told. Unfortunately, the Belarusian swine flu has jumped the border, sickening some of my livestock, so I'm going to have to limit myself to one set of picks. Luckily for you, I have a certain Brazilian friend along to help me with selecting the other picks. Enjoy, pardners!

(click "Read More" for the full feature)



First, the Strikeforce main card.

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields: Sheilds is a proficient grappler, but his striking leaves much to be desired. Lawler lacks speaking skills, but as a fighter he is sound. He will avoid Sheild's submisisons and TKO him for a victory.

Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers:
I'm not fond of Belarus at the moment, but I respect Arlovski as a fighter. Unfortunately, Rogers does not possess the necessary talents to avoid Arlovski's punches in a manner that is only visible in slow motion. Arlovski by KO, round one.

Scott Smith vs Nick Diaz: Around seven years ago, many MMA buckaroos thought that mediocre boxing, a Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, and an iron chin were the ingredients of a champion. Well it wasn't true then, nor is it now. Smith by TKO in the third.

Phil Baroni vs Joe Riggs:
The Baroni character makes me chuckle. It's as though he has vodka for blood. His silliness however, is his weakness. Stoicism in battle is more becoming of one's character. Riggs wins a unanimous decision.

Kevin Randleman vs Mike Whitehead: Randleman is tougher than eating horseshoes for breakfast, but he'll need to use what brains are remaining in his cranium to avoid Whitehead's power. I'm not hopeful. Whitehead takes the decision.

Sadly, I've got to head back to the ranch to tend to my herd. But a friend of mine has stopped by to finish out our WEC picks! QB readers, please give a pleasurable welcome to my old comrade, Metal-Hair Wanderlei! Dasvidania, buckeroos!



Hello, my guys! When Cowboy Fyodor asked me to fill in for him on the WEC picks, I promised him to be.."brutally"..honest with my choices. After all, if you can't trust a man with a mullet, who can you trust? My picks for the main card:

Mike Thomas Brown vs Urijah Faber: Both of these guys rock hard, but Faber was too aggressive in their first fight. The solution? Be even more aggressive, of course! Faber TKO's Brown in the third.

Jose Aldo vs Cub Swanson: Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, and Brazilians are like the Holy Trinity of fighting! The only thing missing is a powerful mullet! Swanson is a tough guy, my guys, but Aldo will blitz him with a second round TKO!

James Krause vs Donald Cerrone: Cerrone is a "cowboy", much like my friend Fyodor. Krause is undefeated, but Cerrone will wail on him like a Stratocaster at an Iron Maiden concert. Cowboy stops Krause for a third round TKO.

Josh Grispi vs Jens Pulver: Pulver is like Metallica...he rocked back in the day, but lately, not so much. Grispi has a good ground game, and a long reach, which Pulver will have trouble with. Jens' tour ends by a third round submission from Grispi.

And that is it, my guys! Thanks for rocking out with me and Fyodor, and remember, stay aggressive!

Related Posts



Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WEC undercard picks?

Anonymous said...

Faber won't beat Brown...sorry

Anonymous said...

Terrible Pick On Diaz/Smith and Brown/Faber. its a No brainer Diaz has more tools and skills than Smith and Brown is a well rounded guy with Good subs that Faber

Post a Comment